From:
Christa Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:47:37 EDT
Hi everyone,

I need some input or reassurance, I guess.  My sweet boy Rocky is showing
Adrenal symptoms I think.  I've looked on the Net for info & have found
lots of helpful information.  You guys always have lots to say & to
reassure also.

Rocky was given to us by friends who didn't have the time to spend with him
anymore.  Since we already had 2 other fuzzies they thought we'd be a good
new home.  We were the third home he had had that I know of!  I have no
idea of his age or initial background.  His fur has always been courser &
sparser than our other fuzzies.  His tail has always been bald.  He doesn't
seem to have any other significant hair loss on him other than his tail &
feet.  He seems to be eating & pooping well & still has LOTS of energy.
(He is my hyperferret :0) ) He does have a small pot belly.  My daughter
noticed last night he has a small blue "bruise" directly under his penis.
I've read the posts re: shedding & blue spots but have also read the posts
re: enlarged spleens.  I have made an appointment for Thrus to have him
checked by the vet.  I guess I just want your ideas on this.  He lives with
Sno who is a hyper 9 month old we've only had for 6 weeks.  they play real
rough.  (Some of you may remember Sno is the biter albino I rescued from
the pet store)

I am very concerned as I just lost Michael less than a month ago.  You seem
to be more alert after you lose one.  I don't want to lose Rocky this soon,
too.  I'm sorry for the long post.  I hope you all can shed some light on
what may be wrong with my Rocky-boy.  :0)

Thanks,
Christa
Rocky (Mamma, I want some more treats)
Sno (Your fingers will be fine for me)
In memory of Holly & Michael (Momma loves you)