Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:34:26 -0400
From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
So, today's riddle is...What is red and yellow and pink and green, purple
and orange and blue and goes "dooka dooka"?

Now, being the perfect kind of mom there is, I have my house baby proofed.
I put gates up so the kiddies can't get into the kitchen and the bedroom
with the water bed, etc.  I also make sure to read labels and stuff when I
buy things.  You know, so things aren't toxic.  If you can't drink or bathe
in a chemical, it pretty much doesn't come into this house.  (I do have a
locked cabinet, that Houdini can't get into, with some toxic stuff in it,
but then again, Houdini wasn't a ferret)...but, I digress...

A few days ago, I was looking at my terribly fashionless closet and
thought, "Hmmmm.  I need some tie dyed t-shirts and matching socks." (You
know I must be up with the guys in Milan)...again, I digress...

So, I go to the Science Store and get a tie dye kit.  You can drink, bathe
in, eye wash, and shampoo in the dyes and you will be nothing more than
colorful.  I decided that this was the dyes for me.  I buy it and take it
home.

I take out my shirts and tie them up and dye them and throw away the
bottles of left over die.  As I am cleaning up, my mom calls and says come
on over NOW.  So, I goes.  I leave quickly, forgetting about the trash can
full of dye in the kitchen that is gated so the babes can't get in there.
All is safe, right?  Riiiiiiiiight!

Well, I get home and it looks like a rainbow was murdered in my kitchen
floor.  OH NO.  Was it the cat?  "Here, kitty kitty." Nope the cat is grey.

Was it dog?  "Here, puppy puppy." Nope the dog is white and orange.  Just
as I left her.

Hmmmm.  Couldn't be the ferrets.  I mean, they can't get into the kitchen
and the gate is up and secure.  But, being the paranoid type, I call them
with the squeaky ball.

"Squeak!  Squeak!" HOLY COW!  MULTI COLORED RAINBOW FERRETS!  On the other
side of the gate.  How is this possible?  Did the dye canisters go over
into the livingroom, paint the ferrets and leave?  Noooooo.  Did the
ferrets fly over the gate, wrek havoc and fly back.  Must be.  That is the
only answer.

Here I am at home with NO CAMERA!  I don't have time to run out and get one
of those disposable things.  A good mommy would wash her babies.  So, I
wash my kids.  My husband is in Vegas with the camera.  DARN IT!!!!

So, I check eyes, ears, noses, and tooties.  All different colors but no
probs.  I check mouths and believe it or not, no colors.  They didn't eat
it.  They just rubbed in it.  I bathed them pretty well and they came
MOSTLY clean.  (The dye was "set" so it wasn't really sticking anymore.
Thank goodness.) I am watching them and called the vet and read off the
ingredients.  He says that they should be o.k.  It is all organic stuff
and unless there is an allergic reaction, all should be well...

So, today's riddle is...What is red and yellow and pink and green, purple
and orange and blue and goes "dooka dooka"?

ANS:  April's ferrets!

ps.  I still don't know how they got in the kitchen.  I can't figure it
out.

http://www.geocities.com/~april_gallaty

"Get thee down. Be thou funky." - Anonymous