From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 08:28:24 -0400
Lissette said:
>It is the fert that matters.Isn't It??

Along with a lot of other good things.  Thank heaven - another big picture
person!  Someone who cares about more than their own access to ferrets or
keeping their heads in the sand about the not so nice world of pet mills
where the pet/ferret parents live with no treats, no love.  Lissette - I
agree with you wholeheartedly.

I noticed responses to Killian - well I'm glad someone responds to him for
the newbies on the list.  It took me about 3 months on the list (its been
what 3 yrs?) to realize only his experience and opinion count and I haven't
read him since.  And thats just my opinion.  To the rest of you shelter
operators out there - I hope there's a special place in heaven for you all.

I wish I had copied the post - but someone did mention that shelter turn
in's were rising and asked how much longer could non kill shelters go on.
If those of you who don't believe this will ever become a problem, that
euthenization for the older, sick or just excess ferrets won't become the
reality of things if they continue the way they are - for those of you who
believe that selling in pet stores is a good thing - go volunteer for just
a month an your local animal control shelter or humane society.  The ferret
community is at a fulcrum point in its evolution.  An enviable point where
we could actually stop the progress toward where the cat and dog and even
horse community is - the triage of picking out what dogs and cats to
euthenize because there are thousands to many to save.  Its in our hands
and the point is coming where it will be too late.

Mary, Booker and the fuzzbutts too