Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 08:18:43 -0500
to all those who responded to my free bowls, thanks and i have decided
to send them to western north carolina ferret shelter since she asked
first....BUT i will look for more to send out to the other two shelter
names given to me.  it doesn't cost alot and i know if you guys sent their
names to me then they really need some ferret stuff.

also, i thought i could set a record straight for those who might believe
the egyptians domesticated/used ferrets 3000 years ago.  please note, my
info comes from a book recently purchased at barnes and nobles which was
published in 1995.  in other words, if anyone has better info, then please
set me straight :)  ok, now if i can properly credit these guys.....

"who's who in egyptian mythology" by anthony s. mercatante {edited and
revised by robert steven bianchi}

ICHNEUMON = the mongoose was honored by the ancient egyptians since it was
believed to be immune from snakebites and destroyed the eggs of crocodiles;
it was also associated with the rising sun.  if, according to one ancient
writer, diodorus, the ichneumon did not eat the crocodile's eggs the land
of egypt would have been overrun by them.  bronze figures of ichneumon have
been found in several tombs.

i wondered how many people knew this??  i had heard that ferrets were in
egypt and then i heard that was a myth.  i just happened on this
information, and thought to myself.."cool, mongoose in egypt"....and i
knew why people thought ferrets were there.  people get them mixed up with
ferrets as badly as weasels, skunks, and ferrets!  so, there you have it,
the figures and hieroglyphics are about superhero mongoose and the ferrets
are somewhere else in that time period.  correct me if i'm wrong, but...
just maybe...i'm right!  *mwhahaha!!* take that bob church...;)

malissa dillion