From:
Kerry and Jeremy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:56:27 -0400
The baby of the family Chaos came to us because he was being so badly
treated at the pet store he was at that I could not walk out without him.
His ears were so filled with mites he just laid on his side and banged his
head on the floor over and over.  He was in a truly sad state.  Well after
a trip to the Dr.'s all was well and we had a happy dooking baby.  But now
Chaos is quite simply obese.  I cannot in good conscience let this go on
any longer.  He is 5 pounds and is only 4 months, he is no longer than the
average female.  My friend compares him in weight and size to a groundhog
or badger.  He is no longer on Iams kitten but adult to lower the fat
intake, he is very active doesn't lose his breath but his belly fur is
rubbing off from running on the carpet.  My last resort is seperating him
from the others to control his intake, but I beleive that this is the only
thing left to do.

Does anyone have any experience with severely overweight ferrets?  And how
much should his feedings be limited to?  Could his obesity be sign of
another underlying problem?

I truly thought that as he got older this baby fat would go away, but it is
just getting worse and he does not seem to be eating any more then our
other ferrets who are all normal weight and very healthy.

Advice would be apreciated, thank you in advance!
Kerry a worried mom
and her little tubby bubby Chaos