From:
Marta Towne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 08:33:40 -0500
Okay fellow Ferret Slaves, myself and my Silly Seven have a slight
difference of opinion and we have agreed to solicit input from others (the
ferts prefer ferret responses, but I would like to hear from fellow slaves)

Currently, my seven ferrets are all housed happily together in a Large
Super Pet Multi Level Cage.  They all get along with each other (usually!)
and everyone gets along with the Lhasa Apso dogs (Ever seen a 18 pound dog
running from a 2 pound ferret???  The same dog that will take on a
Rottweiler with out a second thought??) Anyway, I digress....My ferrets are
usually out most of the day and put up at night.  I have a lady that comes
in to clean the house twice a week, and I leave the ferrets put up then
(the two new ferrets are retired breeders and tend to nip a little hard).
The question we have is...what is everybody's experience with leaving the
ferrets out 24/7?  I am home most of the time (I am disabled) but we do
not have a 100% Box Hit Rate with all ferts.  Any stories/information/????
would be appreciated.  The ferrets, of course, vote for total freedom.
BTW, the lady who cleans, likes the ferrets.  Thank you in advance

Marta Towne
Lhasa Apso Rescue of Arkansas
Fuzzy Kisses Ferret Shelter
www.lhasas.org www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/4823