From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:56:33 -0400
Bruce-

Ferrets as fire dragons?  They remind me of fire dragons also.  They are
about the right size, and courageous enough to take on falling "thread"
(or my 50 lb dog).

She has also written a story about another world--not Pern.  In that world
there are things called kitty snakes.  They are long critters, shaped like
snakes (or legless weasels), and covered with fur.  These critters are very
tameable, and like to be held by humans and stroked.  In this story, the
settlers are about to be invaded by aliens, and they are trying to think of
ways to discourage them.  The main character thinks that maybe if they told
the invaders that the wildlife was vicious, they would go away.

The response was (while petting a kittysnake) "What should we tell them?
That we have killer ferrets?" LOL!

Melodyt and the slinky six