Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:05:21 EDT
Patricia - my instructions upon leaving Michigan State University after
adrenal surgery: "If at any time you feel that he is unable to void urine
and seems obstructed, please call immediately.  We do not expect this to
happen." Also I don't know if Sparky had trouble urinating before the
surgery or not.  It also reported that my Calvin was able to pass a fair
amount of urine before leaving but because he had been straining prior to
surgery that he would continue to strain for the next few weeks.  He
actually continued to strain for about the next 3 months.  If Sparky
doesn't pass any urine I would definately contact the vet ASAP.

Eunice Keely               Calvin and Gypsy