From:
"J. STEPHEN WILLIAMS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:28:09 -0400
My three furrbabies, are all turning four years old this spring, and are
the only "kids" left in my house(my "humans" have all grown up and left the
nest).  Sophie, Scooter and Buddha are the joys of my homecoming after a
long day at work.  So their wellbeing is a high priority on my "to do" list
at all times.  I have ferret-proofed my house to the best of my knowledge,
and they all enjoy healthy diets and lots of run and play time with me and
each other.

Turning four is proving a bit difficult for two of my angels, though.
Recent ultrasound and blood tests have revealed Sophie to have enlarged
adrenals and Lymphosarcoma, a terminal combination according to the vets
who have seen her.  So she is on Timmy's Tonic all the time and Pred when
she has a bad day.  She is actually doing well and has lots of energy,
though her tail is sparsely furred.

Scooter has been lethargic lately and has had a series of loose(normal
colored) stools, though he is eating well and not vomiting.  I just
returned from the vet, who from palpation and x-rays has found that his
spleen is enlarged considerably and that he has "gas" blockages in his
colon.  She has referred me to the U of Georgia Small Animal Clinic for
possible exploratory surgery.

I have studied the FAQs on Ferret Central for more info on his symptoms,
and was wondering if the problem could be, in Dr. Bruce Williams' words, a
flare-up of a "smoldering helicobacter infection." Has anyone on the FML
seen these symptoms in such a case?

Sorry for the long post, but I need some input.

Thank You All

Stephen, with Sophie, Scooter & Buddha