From:
"Patricia L. Hansen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:37:36 EDT
Sparky came home tonight from Cottage Veterinary (Thank you again Linda
Soule).  He only had an adrenal tumor on the left.  Dr. Ruth is sending the
tumor in to check it for cancer.  Dr. Ruth Adams said everything went real
smooth and she didn't think the tumor looked cancerous.  She tried to feed
him some chicken and he would have no part of it.  (Sparky doesn't like
anything that resembles a live animal )

When I got him home, I gave him some ground Totally Ferret mixed with
diluted Ensure.  At first he would only lick it off my finger and then
finally lapped up some from his bowl.  He used his litter box and then
crawled into his sleep sack.  I have him in a cage by himself and his 3
fuzzy friends are being quiet in their cage.  They seem to know Sparky
needs to recuperate.  When I let them out briefly, they were not raising
the usual ruckus and climbing all over the spare cage.

The only bad news was the procedure cost $696.21.  (ouch!!  But worth it)
Mom was right, I should have been a vet.....

Thanks again to all of you for all of your advice throughout Sparky's & my
crisis.

Pat & the fuzzies 4, Sparky, Scooter, Reba & Ginger