From:
Maryjo Dullum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 23:44:09 -0700
I started using the Devil's Club Supreme about a month ago for my
insulinomic ferret, Phantom.  A year ago Jan., his blood
sugar/weight/energy all went down.  We knew it was insulinoma after blood
tests but I opted to skip the surgery as we had gone through this with
another ferret and she only lived a year after diagnosis, surgery, meds and
etc.  My vet and I decided to feed him Science Diet A D and chicken or
turkey baby food mixed together and to continue to re-test.  At that time
he had lost about 3/4 of a pound.  He had been 2.5 lbs, was down to about
1.8 lbs.  (He has since put back his weight plus some, one of the bad
things about preds is weight gain, he's now at 3.2 lbs, highest in his
life, so he waddles around).

Since that time his blood sugar has dropped to 65, (started pediapred at
this time) 47, 38, 31, 31, then increased the pred from .5 to .75 twice a
day.  A month ago his count was 48, so there was improvement, though
neither the vet or I want him on this high dosage of preds.  I found the
newraingbowbridge web site and after thinking, reading and studying about
this product, I called and talked to Steve.  He gave me suggestions and
lots of information.  So I decided to try it.  I received the bottle, took
it to my vet with all the information I had gotten about it and we decided
it was worth a try.

To make a long story short, I had to take him in to the vet for a test
today, and after a month on this herbal solution, the vet and I were so
happy, his bs was up to 61.  We don't know if this was because of the
Devil's Club Supreme or not, but because it went up, we are cutting his
preds back to .5, and will watch for any change and make adjustments
accordingly.  Hopefully this will be the answer.  My vet truly feels if it
will work, she'd much rather use that than pediapred.  But so far, with out
the pred they can seizure, and we don't want that.  Next month we will
re-test, and hopefully it will not have fallen, maybe it will even
increase.

Our vet has started suggesting it to a couple of her other clients and
given them the information in case they wish to try it also.  Let's hope
this will be the answer for our insulinomic ferrets.

mjo