From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:25:40 EDT
I have to honestly say that most of my ferrets, 3 out of 4, came with a
preexisting name, but they have been altered a bit.Jasmine I did name and
her name came from a name book.  I looked at the meaning for Jasmine and it
said fragrant flower.  That was her.  She reminded me of a southern bell
anyway, always expecting to get her way with no fight, and she does.Taz
stayed Taz,since he goes through the house that way.  Sugar Bear has become
Sugar Booger or Sugar Bug, depending on whether she wants toes or kisses.
Honey has become Honey Buns, for smelly reasons, or Honey the Hun if she
chases Sugar.  I must say Honeys name got me embarrassed the other night.
I had her with me at a convenience store, and when she stuck her head out
of my coat I said"Hello,Honey Buns." Much to my surprise I got an answer.
A guy standing on the other side of the aisle said back "Hello, sweetie."
I didn't know I could still turn that red, but the way he was smiling, I
didn't want to hurt his ego and explain, so I just left.  Then I laughed
all the way home.

Here are a few haiku's done for the fun of it, not traditional.
Hopefully,they'll make you smile.

         The Itch
    Itch emergency
    Sends me running from deep sleep,
    To scratch and acratch,ahhh.

    To skritch the itch my
    leg did twitch. To reach that itch
    I got a side stitch.

           Sock
    This sock has to go.
    Where it winds up I can't show.
    That way, you don't know.

           Phew
    Shall I eat the treat,
    And let you think, not my stink?
    My eyes say it's lies.

       Ferret Shakespeare
    To dig, or not to dig.
    That is the ferret question.
    The answer, to dig.

Love your fuzzies today, for tomorrow they will write haiku's about you.

Sandy and 4 Haiku writing Fuzzbutts