From:
"Christopher A. Frick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:57:53 -0500
Hi all,
I just read some posts recently about people's ferts and tools.  A couple
months ago, I did a top-end overhaul on my Harley.  I had to bring the
(large) bike into my kitchen due to the fact that I don't have a garage
(and it kinda makes me feel less of a man, so no comments about no garage)
and it was going to be in about nine gazillion pieces for several months.
Anyhow, since I didn't want Chopper and Betty making a new hidey hole
inside the engine case, I only let them out of their room for 2-3 hours a
day so I could supervise them.  They usually have run of the entire house
except at night so I can get some sleep.  The first day I let them out,
they went crazy when they saw lots of new "toys" for them to play with in
the kitchen.  Betty soon discovered her favorite hangout would now be on
top of the transmission where the oil tank used to be.  Okay, I said to
myself, she's not getting into anything she shouldn't be.  Where was
Chopper as I was musing myself with the sight of Betty?  The little stinker
was busy hoarding small parts from where I had them laying out on newspaper
on the floor!!  After he was done pillaging spark plugs and hose clamps
(which I later found in one of his stashes in the closet UPSTAIRS in his
room), he thought he just might try to check out what was inside my
carburetor--He did this for close to two months!  It's only about two and a
half inches in diameter and about two inches deep with the butterfly valve
closed, so where he thought he was going, I have no idea.  Could he sense
there was something he could get to in there?  Don't worry, I drained and
cleaned EVERYTHING before bringing it in the house or laying it on the
floor--gasoline and oil and hydraulic fluid are kinda scary when they get
into a living body.

Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you all about my experience with ferrets and
machines and tools.

-Chris