Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:49:59 -0500
About poopies in the tub:

I once had a big boy named Silk who would make presents for me in the tub.
At first I thought he was scared, but then I came to realize that he was
just all relaxed in the nice warm water.  My solution was to put him in
warm water in the sink first to collect the "present".  Then I would move
him to the tub where he would play with his buddy Yoshi until they were
clean.  He would always take a good long nap after a bath.

About ferrets catching viruses from their humans:

My husband and I had a really nasty flu about two weeks ago.  All four of
our ferrets caught it from us.  They were very lethargic, had high temps
and sneezing fits.  (I'm sure you know what a sneezing fit sounds like.) No
green or otherwise unhealthy looking poops.  They seemed to just get over
it by themselves.  I made sure that they were all separated for about four
days so they could just chill out.  They all seem fine now.  The whole
thing lasted about a week with them.

I have a friend who is in vet school.  (She's specializing in ferrets.
Yeah!) She says that the flu is one of the few diseases that humans and
ferrets can pass back and forth.  Too bad, huh?  If your ferret is showing
signs of the flu or any other illness, I strongly recommend seeing your
vet.

Everyone, give your little buddies some love from me!
Britta
Yoshi, Tie, Quincey, and Little Wan