From:
Lyle and Monica Tilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 22:17:47 -0400
Hi,

First post!  WEll I have 13 ferrets and I am baby-sitting 2 for my pregnant
friend!  I am sorta an unofficial rescue, I worked at a pet store and took
all the ferrets in that people didn't want anymore!  Well all my ferrets
lost hair on their tails at one time!  It was sooooo awful!  I thought that
all of them had the adrenal thing!!  Well they have all grown their fur
back and they all look better than ever!  I don't know what it was!!!
Weird!!!  Well the other thing is that some of my ferrets are like hacking
and sneezing like they have colds!  BUT I have not had a cold or been sick
for awhile so what could it be?  I do not use cedar or any bedding
actually!  Could they have hair balls since it has been getting hotter and
they are shedding???  Hopefully it is just that and not something more
serious!  The other thing refers to someones comment about alligators and
crocodiles, they do not death roll to tear the meat off of the kill!  That
is how they kill the animal!  Just a tid bit of info!  :)

Monica and the zoo
13 ferrrets, 6 lizards, 16 snakes, 2 parrots, 10gal fresh water and 55
salt water reef!