From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 07:44:56 -0700
Aside from not having the money, I also wanted to put some weight on the
ol' gal before stressing her out at the vets, no such luck, she felt to
me, to be wasting.  Lo and behold my new credit card arrived..which I will
save strictly for the ferrets.  It felt good to be able to go the the vets
and say..Hey, do what ever you have to..a luxury I normally dont have.
Her heart and lungs were strong, no temp.  did a blood draw, which proved
diffcult, veins kept collasping at each stick, and there were at least 4
pokes before the vet "took her to the back" to get some.

RESULTS:
Elevated liver enzymes and WBC, Could be adrenal failure..though they were
only SLIGHTLY elevated...her vulva could be swollen because of a UTI..but I
doubt it, and her blood sugar level was/is low, so she is on Cefa drops and
pred.  The one thing that made me feel better about spending 28 dollars on
the antibiotics that it tastes like tang..or something similar and phoebe
loves it.

I did notice last night a pussy discharge from her vagina and I dont know
if it is from a UTI or because it is so swollen and it is irratated from
being scooched across the floor, either way I gently held her under some
running warm water all the while she is chowing on banana.  I will do that
a couple 2 or 3 times a day, just to keep the area clean.

HAS ANYONE experienced a cyst or swollen lymph next to the anal area..(on
their ferret of course)  The vet was going to do an aspirate of the lump,
but we figured making a pin cushion out of her for one day was enough
stress.

What is nice, is that she will be able to tell me right away if it is
cancerous or not.

Sorry for the long post..it is just that..she is such a little life..I am
mad at the pet store for selling her like this, but I am glad she is with
me..I love her so much.

June