From:
TS MEYERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 02:01:43 -0500
Hello all,

Have been reading the FML for a bit now, but this is my first post.  First
off, I'd like to say that I'm owned by 3 ferrets: Chaos (1 yr old deaf
cinnamon blaze mf male), Nemesis (1 yr old sable mf male) and Goblin (1 yr
silvermitt male of unknown lineage).  They are wonderful little guys & I
love them to death!

Now... on to the reason for the post.  A while back there were several
posts about the kits at Petco stores appearing to be very young... perhaps
a little too young for purchase.  Both of my mf ferrets were purchased at
Petco and seemed to be well taken care of and what not.  (Though Nemes did
have ECE, when I brought him home)  After reading the posts here on the
FML, I started watching the Petco more closely and sure enough, the kits
*did* appear to be getting younger and younger.  (They seemed to be *so*
much smaller than mine had been when I got them) Last week, I went into
the local Petco store to buy some treats and what not for the 3 furkids and
of course, had to look in on the kits that where there.  There were only
two and they seemed to be fair sized and healthy.  While I was looking at
them, a Petco employee approached and started up a conversation about the
ferrets.  During this conversation the gentleman told me that they would
not be receiving any new kits from mf for a few weeks because Petco general
management had told mf to hold the animals longer because the kits they
were being sent were too young.  (This would be the Lincoln, Nebraska
Petco for reference sake)  The next shipment of ferrets, according to his
gentlman, would probably be in around May 1st.  I will be checking back to
see if the kits appear to be a little older.  Just thought I'd pass the
info along, for what it's worth...

Love & hugs to all the fuzzies and get well wishes to those who are ailing!

TJ & The War Weasels

Please visit our Web page!!!
http://members.delphi.com/warweasel