From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 03:47:16 EDT
Tuck,

Boris Ferretloff suffered a minor stroke similar to Scooter's several
years ago.  He was left weakened in general, with a marked weakness in his
right side.  Post stroke treatment was daily swimming therapy in the tub.
Surprisingly since Boris hated baths, he really enjoyed the twice daily
swims and seemed disappointed when swim time came to an end.  Although
already a triple amputee (Boris had lost both hind feet and his tail
before coming to me), Boris swam like an otter and exercises in the neutral
bouancy of the water did seem to help him regain some of his strength.

Boris lived another several months before a second and massive stroke took
him on the final journey to Rainbow Bridge.  I am sure from his behavior
though, that the swimming therapy did make the time he had more enjoyable
and pleasant for him.  I wish you the best of luck with Scooter and hope
that he is soon back to his normal self.  I have added him to the St. Jude
candle and novena list and will keep you and him in the prayers from here.

Scott and the Fuzzy Mob