From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 07:29:53 EDT
Hi!  My name is Jean and I live in MI.  When I lived in NY I had two
ferrets - one lived 5 years and the other 9 (two years with insulinoma).
When she died I swore I would not get another (I have other animals, 4
kids and am allergic to ferrets).  However, when I found out my teenage
babysitter had a ferret that came from a breeder who works at my vet and
she was tired of it, I started thinking.  When she said it lived in the
basement now and she thought her mom fed her when she did laundry, I
couldn't sit back.  So last Feb.  here I was with a 5 1/2 year old ferret
and cage free.  Ferret math struck as this somewhat elderly ferret was a
whole lot more lively than I expected.  The vet called me with a ferret a
client of their's had found running down a road.  (I am now picturing the
client running down the road after the ferret :) ).  They kept him for a
week and tried to find the owner, certified him tame and adorable (I do
have kids) and Zorro came to live with me.  Then, when I got my free
cockatoo, I also happened to buy the ferret living at the same house.  He
was living in a basement alone with 9 parrots.  Zorro is estimated at about
3 years old and Dancing Duncan is about two.  They all get along great and
I am sure would love a friend.  Aargh, I am hooked again.

My son wants me to let you all know that they take all the socks and hide
them behind the living room couch.

Glad to be here.

Jean
Mom to 4 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 cockatoo, 1 budgie, a bunch of small
birds, fish and
Sugar
Zorro
Dancing Duncan
(RIP  Gwen and Bojangles- always missed)