From:
Tammy Green Wrzesinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:50:11 -0500
Hi all,
My husband and I live in an apartment with our two furries Sammy and
Herschel.  Unfortunately they both have each found a favorite corner to dig
at the carpet.  Unless we are watching them at all times ( which is tough
if we are studying or buzy with other things!!) they are successful!!  We
don't want to restrict their time roaming because we can only let them out
when we can watch them- any ideas???

Also  we have baseboard heating and one of the pipes goes from the living
room( where they are allowed to play) to the office ( where they are not
allowed to play).  Unfortunately the space around the pipe is big enough
for Sammy the smaller of the two to go though the wall and get to the
office.  Again if we are watching their every moves then we can prevent
this from happening, but we can't always give them 100% attention.  The
main reason they are not allowed in the office is because the litter
training for the older is 85%( it used to be 100%, but just recently he
regressed) while for the younger one is basically 0% success rate outside
of the cage.  There are more inconspicuous places for messes in the office
than in the living room.  So... either we have to get almost 100% success
in litter training or keep them away from the hole in the wall!!

If anyone has any ideas for either of these problems let us know- e-mail
up at [log in to unmask] :-)

Thanks,
Tammy, Steve, Herschel, and Sammy