From:
Bob Carstensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:05:49 -0700
Well, the exploratory didn't show anything so it doesn't appear to be a
blockage.  That's the good news, the bad being, of course, an unnecessary
surgery on a suffering animal.  I'm glad we are isolating it down.  We have
added Carafate (1gm/10ml) to our medication to try to alleviate the
probable ulcer(s).

I can't thank you all enough for the pointer to duck soup.  Beener is
eating that every time we offer it to him so he is getting some nourishment
now.  He's not really improving yet but it doesn't look like he is slipping
any further.  (Our vet is eagerly devouring all the information you all
have forwarded too!  He is very interested in the duck soup recipe; he's
never heard of it before.)

I'll post more as we learn more or his situation changes.

Marsha