From:
"J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 23:28:16 -0400
Dear Collective,

Boy, my question about Ferret Legality in Wichita, KS sure stirred up some
emotions.  Most folks were pretty polite, but I got some pretty amazing
flames.  Thanks to all who offered to help in any transition that my wife
and I might have to KS.

OK, folks asked where my wife got the information.  I was also told that
the info about ferrets being illegal in Witchita was outdated.  I believe
this to be true, which is the reason I'm posting this message.  In
"Spotlight on Wichita '99", a publication I believe is in many hotel rooms,
on page 279 it reads:

" 'Exotic' animals such as skunks, ferrets, exotic (non-indigenous) snakes
and male goats are prohibited.  Certain animals, if kept in the city
require a permit.  For information regarding animal mainenance standards
and the number and types of animals allowed, contact the Wichita-Sedgewick
County Department of Community Health Services, 268-8351."

I hope that folks in Wichita can contact the publisher (Advanced
Publishing, L.C., Wichita, Kansas) to clear up the misrepresentation of
fur-kids in the city.  The Editorial phone number is 316-721-6467 and email
eddress is [log in to unmask]  You can also fax them at 316-729-1960.
They say right on page 2:

"Note: Every attempt is made to insure that information in this directory
is current and accurate.  However, information changes.  If you find errors
or entries that need to be updated, please let us know."

I hope this post is of use to folks.  Thank you again to everyone who
offered assistance to my wife and I...we may just take you up on it.

Cheers!
Matthew in VA.