From:
David & Tracy Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 05:25:30 -0500
>There is a pretty decent chance that my wife could be offered a job in
>Witchita.  The opportunity would be great for her and I'd be willing to
>find a new job so she could pursue this carreer move.  She found out that
>ferrets are illegal in Witchita.  Does anybody know how stringent this
>policy is?"

Dear Matthew:

Several years ago there was some controversy over whether "exotic" pets
such as pot bellied pigs and ferrets were legal to keep as pets in the
city.  After several city council board meetings, it was decided that they
are NOT illegal pets.  Your information is several years old.

Ferrets are (unfortunately) sold in several pet stores in Wichita and we
have a large population of ferrets in the city.

Ferrets are certainly allowed in Wichita!

Good luck with the job decision!  If you need any further information about
Wichita, feel free to ask.  We've lived here for 14 years and LOVE it!  I
can also give you a referral to the best ferret vet in the city.

Trace and Oreo