From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:59:08 -0300
>I have been looking for a ferret to adopt so that my other ferret has a
>friend.  My vet gave me Northwest Ferret's number..some of you know the
>founder as Ed Lipinsky.  This Saturday I went by his place on Mercer to
>look at some of his ferrets and I was taken aback of his treatment of
>them.... I almost threw-up.... The conditions were unbelievable.  I want
>to cry, to run like hell out of there.... What can be done about this
>Ferret Northwest?

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.  It is an outrage,
atrocious, and unacceptable that animals are allowed to remain in that kind
of environment and in that condition!!!!!  Unfortunatly, I don't live in
that area (I think he's in Seattle, right?), but you have my support in any
other way, just let me know what I can do from here.  *(You may write to me
directly, but I must remain anonymous for reasons I can explain later.)*

I strongly suggest that someone, who has the means and wherewithal and
lives up that way, put together a rescue operation ASAP!  There must be
some way to obtain a court order to get the proper authorities (Humane
Society?  PETA?  SOMEONE!) to be able to go in and confiscate those poor
creatures and shut his business down, or AT LEAST make him adhere to some
rules and guidelines for proper care!!!!!  I don't know if its feasible,
but it sure is worth looking into.  I just don't understand people who live
in filth, much less subject others to it!!!  Perhaps I can help you do some
research to find out which organizations there may be able to help.  Please
let me know.  {Other list members have ideas??!} Thanks again!

[CA]