Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 07:19:17 -0700
That is pretty much my question!  It seems lots of males get them.  Mine
had a bladder infection once, but it went away quickly with antibiotics and
never came back.  Can females also get blockages?

Also, for anyone who is interested, my 6.5 year old MF ferret Guida (Ratty)
got a lupron shot from Dr. Weiss in Potomac about 3 months ago and her
symptoms have completely reversed.  Within 3 weeks her vulva swelling had
gone down.  Within about a month she was getting new fur.  Within about 2
months she was as energetic as she was when she was 2-3.  Everything on her
is furry now...feet, tummy, tail...she is fluffy and happy, and has no side
effects.  Dr. Weiss told me that all of the ferrets he has injected with
this shot have shown wonderful results.  This is promising news for an
alternative to surgery for ferrets who are not good surgical candidates.

Love to the fuzzies!

Ann & Ratty  <:3)~