From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 08:15:15 -0700
Hi all!!!
I just want to thank everyone who replied to me with their support of my
actions regarding Phoebe, Louis and I thank you very much...Paula, you had
a great idea about bringing a vet report to the proper officials...AGAIN
this man has another ferret in his store...they have no history on her..she
is selling for 89.00 she a MF ferret, sable about a year old..(am guessing)
AND IS VERY SWEET..I clipped her nails with NO resistance or bribes.  It is
also obvious to me the people at this store are NOT ferret wise...because
they did not even know that ferrets require vaccinations, I was wondering
I know there is an implied risk when you go into a pet store and handle
animals, alot of pet stores allow you to freely handle the animals, what
happens to a customer who gets bit by an animal that they are handling?
Being that this guy did not ask for a history on this ferret, and she bites
someone, what could happen to her?

Yesterday we took all 4 fuzzies for a walk, actually phoebe hung out in my
pocket, Joey took Louis for a walk, Chandler had to be dragged along and
Socks preferred to hang out on her daddys shoulder, at one point I set
phoebe down, she was not leashed, nor can she move very fast..though later
she proved me wrong, so I let her down for a bit, you know let the old lady
stretch her legs, WELL SHE HAD A BLAST, RUNNING HERE AND THERE, no longer
content to stay in my pocket.  She is doing wonderful I think, I will be
taking her to the vet in a couple of weeks when I can get the money
together, she is eating like a horse and putting weight on, her energy
level is increasing, she is a sweet kissy ferret..

Thanks again to all the well wishers

June Louis and the zoo