From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 23:01:00 -0500
will be having a get together next Sunday April 11th (2:00 PM) at 1504 N.
4th St. in Pekin.  Everyone who wishes to attend is warmly encouraged to
do so.  There is no charge and hopefully those who come will find the
friendship worth the effort.  You may call John Gordon at 309-347-2235 or
e-mail [log in to unmask] for further information or directions.

On a personal note, Bill, Hillary, Leroy, Baby Girl and Hershey have gotten
used to Buddy (aka Chubbs) moving to Dee's house to live with Lucky, Jack
and Jill.  Buddy, you may recall, was the skeleton with a thin furcovering
abandoned on the door step of my friends pet store last Thanksgiving.
After 4 months of eating me out of house and home, I decided to take him
for a return trip to the pet store.  Everyone who had seen Buddy before
thought it was a different boy I let them hold.  He is now a 3+ lb. chunk.
He was very well behaved his first time on a leash and made several new
friends with his friendly attitude.  He also made friends with the clerk at
a convenience store as we drove to Dee's house for a visit.  She asked if
he would bite and of course he gave her some kisses to assure her he didn't

I stayed too long at Dee's and she refused to let me take him out after
dark, so I returned the next day to get Buddy.  Then she said it was too
cold for him to go out.  The following day she explained that, his being an
albino, he couldn't go out in the bright warm sunlight because he might
burn.  The next day he had just had a bath and couldn't leave until he
completely dried.  yadda, yadda, yadda.

I think Buddy has been kidnapped from me and believe I will have to visit
him at her house regularly to insure that she isn't mistreating him.  She
says she is not trying to replace Slinky who went to the Bridge in
February.  She knows that can't happen.

Me, well I wouldn't suggest that I understand God's Master plan, but it
sure does seem strange that an abandoned furrball appears so frequently
just before one we have loved leaves us.  I'm sure God is much too busy to
take the time to fill the terrible void Dee's Slinky left with the love
Buddy seems so willing to provide.  I'm sure it's just a coincidence.  Or
is it?

Hope some of you will join us next Sunday.

John Gordon in Pekin, IL
Home of Baby Girl who insists on being held.  A true FLO agent, she uses
the "bite daddy's toes until he picks me up and holds me" method.  It is
effective.  But her daddy doesn't mind as she rewards him with kisses and
always cleans his ears for him.  You haven't lived until your ferret washes
your face from ear to ear.  She is such a lover.  And her daddy is very
blessed to have her.