From:
Laurie Christ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 13:24:48 EST
I'm having a problem with one of my ferrets.  My little female Chloe was a
biter when we bought her.  She bit everyone in the pet store.  The store
owner offered her to me because I had her litter mate and I was great with
him.  She gave her to me because she was afraid she'd be put to sleep if
she was sent back.  Well, when she was shown to me, I picked her without
her biting me at all.  They were amazed.  So I took her home and she took
an instant dislike to my boyfriend.  She's great with my daughter and just
about everyone else but she still bites him.  He's always been very kind to
her and gets along great with the 2 boys.  In fact they adore him.  Well,
last night he almost lost his temper with her and it scared me.  One of the
boys got his nail caught in his hammock and was in a panic.  I was trying
to untangle him but to no avail.  So my boyfriend reached in the cage to
hold Smokey while I untied the hammock.  Well, Chloe jumped right up there
and bite him on his inner elbow but didn't break the skin.  He picked her
up by the scruff and held her while I finished but there for a few seconds
I thought he might do something bad.  Both ferrets are okay.  Has anyone
else had problems like this?  Any ideas to help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Laurie