From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 19:25:39 EST
Okay - 7 ferts of my own, boarding another, acquired 3 more.  11 mouhs to
feed.  Thankfully the integration went well.  Surprisingly well.  Petey
(boarder) who was a solitary fert has been seen dooking around with Cuddles
and one of the new kids, Pimp ("P" for short).

I took Furrice and Java (new kid) shopping today.  Java positioned
wonderfully on my shoulder, saying "Hi" to everyone who passed.  Furrice
was happy to lay in the cuddle carrier and watch the world go by.  WORD OF
ADVICE: Never go food shopping when you are hungry and NEVER take ferts to
by treats or toys !!!!  I could actually hear my checking account scream as
I paid the bill <sigh>.

I think that what REALLY helped the integration situation is that the new
kids came with all sorts of toys, food, and treats.  Gee, lets see - we now
have (in what used to be "my bedroom") 2 SuperPet cages (both 4 story with
internal trays and tubes), 1 single story cage (Petey likes his "space", 1
"Bad boy" box, about 40' of FerreTrail Flex-E funnel, about another 10' of
bubble tubing, 6 litter pans, 6 food dishes, 5 pet carriers, about 6
hammocks & sleep tents, tons of toys and goodies, pounds of food, yadda ..
yadda ... yadda ....... I have even extended the platform around my bed to
mount a ferret raceway.

The normal squeeling of "I'm the boss" seems to be replaced with "I was
playing with it first!" "No, I was!!" "Both of you leave it alone, it's
mine !!!!" "DADDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!"

Hmmm - is there any doubt why the kids are singing, "Heaven, Fuzzy
Heaven..." and I am left pondering the mystery of fert lovers everywhere...
Is there any room left for me ????????

What guys??  NO !  The computer and desk stay !!!

KEVIN B and the WAY KEWL CRITTER CREW
Including the ~~~TERRIFIC~~TUMULTUOUS~~TEN~~~
~Furrice~Simon~Hershey~Lacy~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Pimp~Caesar~
SPECIAL GUEST STAR  ~Fur-Angel Lady~
CAST INCLUDES  fert ~Petey~ /  Min-Pins Jada and Geordi /  2 nameless degu
(if I have room when I get them)
Missing our friend Kimo the Sumo Cat (and honorary ferret)