From:
Signe Peerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 01:13:13 EST
I've been greatly comforted by the Rainbow Bridge postings.  I was
especially grateful for Rainbow Bridge e-mails when my Bumble B. Bobbitt
passed away on 12/2/98, but I'm particularly impressed with Becky's posting
concerning reincarnation and the Summertime place, the in-between place.

If we didn't somehow realize that life really is eternal, we wouldn't be
so eager to catagorize the hereafter and mold our catagorizations into
religions.  Nicer people naturally make the hereafter sound nicer, wiser,
more ferret- friendly.  I trust that the Creator of the Universe is just as
nice.

I don't have theories of reincarnation worthy of milking the reading
public, I,just know the "present" is what it is, but it ain't what it used
to be.  Upon observing small children and ferrets blithely courting
disaster and death, I believe they share my innate knowledge that this
current life is but a fraction of the big picture.

So when will I see Bumble and my other "dead" loved ones again?  Somewhere
in the whirlpool of time, I think, when a glimpse of their faces, a whiff
of their scent, brings back to me the happiness they gave me before the
clinical definition of "death" was pronounced, before they suffered all the
earthly ailments and became (bodily) less than themselves.  Someday that
past happiness will become eternal, so that we can reach some ultimate
understanding of each other, but I think there'll a whole lot of
alternating joy and despair before that great day.

We humans sometimes seem afraid of joy, we believe we don't deserve it,
having been told so many times about how frail or evil we are.  I think
we'll be amazed and pleased when we see our sweethearts' accepting little
faces again, in whatever life or between-life we're in at the time.

"Energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only changed."

Not changed too much in the case of ferrets, though, I hope, for ferrets
are one of the few of creation's creations that should last forever just
as they are.  After all the years they've existed, they've now started to
receive the love, patronage and credit they've always deserved.  The most
fortunate of ferrets have tremendously smart, loving and humorous humans
rooting for them, even to the point of applying their precious imaginations
to debate the fate of ferrets, in the same way humans debate their own
fates.  It's a good sign.........

(Do you think some of us may have been ferrets in our past lives...or will
be lucky enough in our next one to live with people like us?)