Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:23:31 -0400
From:
Lori Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Excessive ear wax can be seen for a few different reasons.  Have the ferret
checked for ear mites and for a bacterial infections.  Mites are unlikely
if no one else has them.  When my George had an ear infection, his one ear
was red, hot, and smelly, and Gracie tried to clean it for him constantly.

On the other hand, some ferrets just have dirtier ears than others and
sometimes one of a ferret's ears is dirtier than the other one.  Case in
point.  My first ferret Azrael had filthy ears with no sign of anything
wrong.  I simply had to clean his ears twice a week for the five years
that I had him.  I found that Corium-20 from the vet did a fabulous job of
reducing the smell and completely eliminated yellowing of the fur around
his ears.

Lori Barber
Managing Editor
The American Ferret Report
www.ferret.org
E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]