Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 17:43:43 -0700
From:
>From:    Beck & Pam <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets to Adopt - Parkville SPCA

Go down to the town building and demand that they show you any code against
ferrets.  If they can not show it to you printed in a book that do not
accept the word of the inspector.  Do not let them get away with rules
against wild or exotic animals.  Insist that if there is no code
specifically mentioning ferrets that your inspector just do his job.  You
should strongly consider going above his head if there is any trouble at
all.

A few years ago the zoning comission in Prince William County made the
mistake of 'going after' us over ferrets.  Well... they lost.  We went to
the county building and looked up the code our selves.  Well we did have
the advantage of the improperly cited code in a letter to us where the
county official had "changed" the number.  We told the nice lady at the
desk that we were looking up regulations on opening a kennel and asked her
for all county restrictions on animals.  They had used the code number of a
regulation about how close detached outbuildings could be to a dwelling and
changed the word "dog" to the word "ferret" from another regulation.
Talked to our member of the county supervisors board.  Luckily she owned
and loved a ferret.  The county attorney wrote a scathing letter to the
zoning board and we were sent a retraction letter.  (Means we were not run
out of the county as some have gossiped BTW)

You might not be so lucky BUT do not just cave in.

>From:    Kim Hastings <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Answers: temp, UTI, separate housing, blue tummy; and Ferret
>Easter

A very minor nit pick with a very good note.  The blue is from the guard
hair growing back not the undercoat.  Albinoes often look orangish as their
hair is growing back.  The belly often has the hair rubbed off so its often
looking like its just growing back.  Really just a minor quibble...

>From:    Jennifer Hoh <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Adrenal and hair re-growth.
>Is it possible that he'll always be 'nekkid-butt-boy'?

Not likely.  Might just be until the next "regularly scheduled" shed and
regrow time though.

>From:    Collin Vold <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ball at end of ferrets tail
>There is a ball at the end of my ferrets tail.  It`s kind of red.  It`s
>pretty big.

Possibly a tumor.  See a vet.  He/she very well might want to remove the
growth.

>From:    lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: the thing a ma whatz it

One place to look is http://www.appliances.com/dept20.html  I found that
in maybe 3 minutes.  I'm sure there are many others.

A hand crank meat grinder there is as little as $30.  Electric ones (well
pulley driven but you need a seperate motor) are from $50 to $150.

Check "antique" stores that might have some from years ago when more people
made their own sausage.

A cubing mallet might be useful to break up the bones small enough to then
grind.

-bill
--
bill and diane killian