Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:42:05 -0500
From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Tell it like it is?

I did not tell it like it is when I first got Baby.  She chewed phone
chords{I have all cordless phones now.}After she had ECE for 6 months, she
never again hit her litter box with accuracy.  I came home one day to find
smoke, no electricity and buzzing noises coming from behind my dresser.
Baby was sitting on the long electrical outlet extension, and had urinated
into it.  She had fallen from the dresser and was stuck behind it.  I was
very close to having my home burn down.  She has extremely delicate health
and ends up at least once every two months with a high fever, malaise, and
glazed eyes.  Her vet bills alone are well over $1000.  every year.  She
chews on everything as though she was still a young ferret.  She recently
destroyed over$ 800.oo of soft Italian leather shoes.[I dont buy leather
any more] I bought a special piece of furniture to hold my shoes so they
would be safe.

But I am so in love with her.  So at first I didnt tell people the truth
about the ferrets in my life.  Wolf came next, and gave severe painfull
bites to any one but children.  He would just walk right up and bite with
all his might and not let go.  He would be shaking like a leaf.  I think he
is afraid of people.  For awhile, I didnt tell people .  I trained him
consistently and properly.  He has gotten better.  But he would have been a
nightmare in a home with a baby, or someone without band aids..

Now I tell the complete truth.  No one that I have met yet wants a ferret
after I share my experiences-bad and good.And that's O.K..  These animals
are like little innocent humans to me.  They are not, however, for the
feint of heart.  They make horrid" pets." -----my belief.

But: They make the most magnificent companions I could ever dream of.

Lisette