From:
Thor Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 07:16:36 -0800
Hi,
Lucky went through surgery about 6 weeks ago, her left adrenal was taken
out, as it was twize the size it should be, but the reason for her surgery
was an incomplete spay, she was showing all the signs, and a piece of her
ovary was removed as well, she seemed to be doing really well, and her
fur is growing back nicely, she became her old self again and life was
wonderful, Now she has started again to show signs such as shadowing Dumpy,
chasing our dog, and biting people wich she never does otherwise, i'm
concerned that she still has some remnants of some reproductive organ, and
that her vet didn't find all that was there,

My understanding is that if only a tiny cell is left it can still cause
havoc.

I hesitate to have her go through surgery again as i really believe that
her vet took out all he could find, he's a good vet and knew the reason he
was going in.

My question is, will this be enough to cause her to go into heat all over
again?  can it cause her to become anemic, and have internal bleeding?
the size of her vulva is down to almost normal, but her nipples are still
swollen and have what looks like a crust around them.  What should i do?
i'm pretty certain this is still an incomplete spay .  and we are
financially really really bad of, i want to do something though but i
don't know what!

Anyone out there can talk to me about incomplete spays?

Sincerely
Josephine