Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:19:13 -0700
>I am quite a fan of the Dragon Riders of Pern books by Anne McAffrey.
>Ferrets remind me very much of the fire lizards.  Currently I am leaning
>towards using one of those names for my new ferret.  Has anybody else made
>this connection or am I way off base.

While I'm now mostly retired, for 10 years or so I was the senior wizard
of an online Pern fan game.  (I'm still there, just enjoying doing the
backseat driving thing, as I'm too busy now getting my clinic going to
mother all several hundred folks involved!)

At any rate, yes, I absolutely agree.  Ever since I got my fuzzies, I've
been convinced that ferrets are an odd breed of firelizards whose wings
are invisible. :-)  (And my online roleplay of firelizards has picked up
all sorts of new "material" as a result of my ferret ownership!!!)

Megan