From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 06:19:26 -0800
I recently managed to get my hands on some Totally Ferret thanks to some
nice people in Anchorage.  All my ferrets are eating it and lo and behold,
Bosley has lost a lot of weight.  Unfortunately, so has BooBoo, and in
addition, BooBoo has decided to have a VERY large spleen.  The vet came by
and said that ferret's spleens do that, but I'm wondering if there is a
correlation between the VERY large spleen and the Totally Ferret.  Has
anyone else switched their ferrets to TF and then discovered that one of
their ferrets' spleens was enlarged?  BooBoo is 4 yrs.  old, so he is no
spring chicken.

Also, I noticed that both BooBoo and Bosley, who are my two oldest ferrets,
have very bony backs and butts -- you can feel their spines all the way
down!  None of my other ferrets seem to have this problem.  I suppose I
should isolate BooBoo and Bosley and feed them other food to see if the
symptoms disappear, but I wanted to check with the ferret folk in the know
to see if y'all had any problems.

Thanks for your help!

Melanee Ellis
"The Ferret Lady"