From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:25:10 -0700
My youngest ferret Sybil slipped under the door this morning.  This is a
new place, I haven't been in it for more than twelve hours.  She was only
loose for, maybe, 15 minutes before she found the escape hatch.  Does
anyone have any suggestions about how to block that exit?  Bricks?  One of
the heating vents in the living room has a ferret-sized hole in it so I
really need to solve the door problem (and, of course, block off the
heating vent).  Any suggestions?

Last night Sybil was all frustrated, stuck in her cage while I was moving
stuff into the apartment.  I stopped by the cage to check on them and she
was laying in what has been described as the "heart crouch" (kneeling on
her front feet, I guess).  She sat that way for a minute or so (that I
saw), shivering slightly, looking right at me, before she got up and
demanded to come outside.  I've never seen her do this before.  Could it
be she was just frustrated?  She's only 11 months old.

Minta
(& Linus, Martin, Sybil & Zooey)