From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 01:26:21 EDT
>Well, got the test results done today and guess what???  My ferrets still
>have GIARDIA... you know this is all because of a Very Bad Breeder in
>Brighton, Michigan... the vet says this is one of the worst cases...why???
>because they were breed with the giardia.... so now i am going to use
>something from azmira... i wished i had used irt in the first place...i
>would have saved over $1000.00 dollars if i had...

I cannot let this post go by without a very strong response!  The only
breeders I know in Brighton, MI are Amy and Derrick Flemming and I can
say with complete assurance that their ferrets do NOT have giardia.

Trudi, if your ferrets have giardia, they did NOT leave Flemming Farms with
it!!!  I have adopted several ferrets over the past year and a half from
Amy and Derrick and each one has had their stool tested (it's a practice of
mine that no new ferrets meet with my group until after testing)...none of
them had giardia!  I also know many other people who have ferrets from
Flemming Farms and NEVER has giardia been found in any of those ferrets,
either.  Some of these people have just received their Flemming Farms
ferrets...and I adopted my first one at the Ohio show in May of last year!
I also adopted two more in early December of 1998.  All, mine, and the
others, are healthy, beautiful and well cared for ferrets.  Any and Derrick
are quality breeders!  I have been to their place and have seen for myself
what good conditions the ferrets are kept in and what wonderful care they
receive.  I was shocked and appalled to read your post.  I also have to
wonder what type of person would even post such lies...

I don't know what reason you might have to post lies about the Flemmings,
but did you stop to think of the damage it would cause...not only to the
Flemmings but to all the people who have adopted from them?  Will people be
"afraid" now that they might bring giardia home to their ferrets, since
many people handled White Russian at the Chicago Family Pet Show in
Illinois recently?  Will I have to worry about irate e-mails or phone calls
asking me how I could take him to such a public show?  A lot of people know
I adopted him from Flemming Farms.  Let me assure each and every one of you
that were at that show that White Russian does NOT have giardia, never did
have it, nor does he have anything else that could have been carried home
to visitors' pets.

totally false!  Unless you have absolute proof of this allegation (which I
KNOW you don't because it isn't true), things like this should not be
posted to the FML or any other forum where people who don't know the
Flemmings, or haven't adopted from them, might believe this outrageous lie!
Making a statement that a Brighton, MI breeder is "a very bad breeder" is
extremely damaging to them.  Obviously, you don't care, but I do!

I sincerely hope, for honesty's sake, that you post a retraction and state
the truth...that you told other people that you adopted a ferret from a pet
store that had giardia.  Why this "smear campaign"?

Judy