From:
"Dave Berlowitz, Cherokee Ferret Rescue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:51:51 EDT
I sit here, now alone, pondering all the possibilities of what could have
been.  My Toby, My Friend, My would be computer hacker ferret, You have
left me here to say good-bye for you.  As you crossed the Rainbow Bridge,
you took a large piece of my heart with you.  I will always look back at
the times you begged to sit in my lap while I talked in the ferret chat or
read and answered the mails in the FML.  You never demanded anything from
me and gave me your unconditional love.  If I was preoccupied with other
kids, or wasn't feeling well myself, you never complained that I did not
clean your litter box that day.  You always came and waited patiently when
I shook the raisin can.  I will miss that loving look you always gave me
with those sleepy eyes peeking over the edge of your hammock if I disturbed
your nap.  I will miss the unending kisses you gave me when I was feeling
down and you could sense that.  I will miss the warmth of your body, curled
up in sleep on my chest as we napped on a lazy afternoon.  I will miss your
gleeful chuckles as you dooked across the room with tail bristled as you
stole my sock or some other item I left within your grasp.  But most of all
Toby, I will sorely miss you.  Good-bye from this side of the Rainbow
Bridge my Friend, Daddy Dave and the remaining members of the Brat Pack.

Toby passed in my arms at 9:33 this morning, 4-15-99 after succumbing to a
respiratory infection started by an unknown virus very quickly taking him
from me.  I thank the valiant efforts of the Rohrig Animal Hospital, and
especially Dr. Dawn Daniels DVM, who cries with me in my loss.  Please give
your fuzzbutts an extra hug today and every day.  Who knows?  It may be the
last chance you will have.

Dave Berlowitz
Cherokee Ferret Rescue and Shelter
513 South 35th Street