Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:57:14 -0700
O.K. I'll play the name game.

Zonker (a.k.a. "Z Man", "Big Z", "Zonk") My husband loves the Gary Trudea u
comic strip Doonsbury so he wanted to name him Zonker for his favorite
character.  Strangely the name really fits.  At the store where we got him
it took a good 5 mins for Zonker to wake up and realize that we were there.
To this day he will opt out of heavy playing for a good nap.

Scooter (a.k.a. "Scoot Bugs", "Pooka Bear") Scooter is a very intergetic
female who must have a hide hole of speed somewhere.  I named her scooter
becuase her favorite thing is to take our coosh ball (under supervision
only) between her front paws and run backwards around the room scooting the
whole way.  Some of you may remember the play/movie Henry in which a man
starts seeing a giant easter bunny which only appears and talks to him.
The giant easter bunny tells him that his name is Henry and he is a pooka.
Well you can imagine how the nickname Pooka Bear came about... Me, "Honey
was that Scooter that just dooked by?" Hubby, "What?  no I did't see
anything." Hence the nickname Pooka Bear.

In theory my husband wants to name any other ferrets from the Doonesbury
comic strip.  We are thinking of getting another ferret in the near future
and he is gunning for BD or Boopsie as the name.

Love to all the carpet sharks out there!