From:
Julie Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:09:07 -0400
I got my two little sweeties, Delta and Epsie, as a pair when they were ten
weeks old and still very tiny.  A lot of people assume that they were named
after some sort of sorority, but that's not it at all.  My apologies for
the nerdiness to follow.  The truth is that I am a mathematician and named
them after the Greek letters delta and epsilon that often appear in
calculus proofs.  Just about every proof starts out with the sentence,
"Let epsilon be arbitrarily small," or, "For every delta there exists an
epsilon."  Both of those statements seemed to describe them pretty well.
As a bonus, Delta is pretty sure that his favorite airline (the only one
that will let him ride under the seat with his mommy) was named after him.

Happy ferreting!
Julie, Delta and Epsie