Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 03:38:22 PDT
First off, I have never really sent in my opinions in regards to certain
rants and raves I've seen published on the FML.  I've always believe to
each there own.  Each person has a right to their own opinions and thoughts
and whose me to say what's right and wrong.

But, I just have to make this one little comment or thought in regards to
this matter since I am both a subscriber to Modern Ferret and Ferrets along
with a fairly new ferret owner myself.

I have tried unsuccefully for over a year now to subscribe to Ferrets USA
and still have to buy it off of the news stand each year when I want one.
As for Ferrets Ferrets I have to send in two payments of $19.95 before I
ever received one copy of theirs.  Now as to Modern Ferret I have never had
a problem getting my delivered to me on time and I even receive early
notices so I can continue to receive the magazine.

The one thing I have to say is that I prefer to deal with both people, vets
and even magazine's that have ferrets of their own.  Simply because they
more than likely have gone thru what I am going thru and therefore know the
answer and can advise me accordingly.  I enjoy getting the FML (I will
admit I don't always read it) but when I have sent a post I've always
gotten a response from at least 5 or more people who have gone thru what
gone thru and therefore their information is more useful than anybody
else and they all were similar in nature with just each added own opinion
and suggestions.  I appreciate that more than anybody may know.

As to the articles posted in each of these magainzes, I do have a story to
tell about that.  I have a deaf ferret who just turned 1 year.  Ferrets
Ferrets posted and articule in regards to dealing with a deaf ferret I read
the articule and did what it said to do in regards to testing to see if
your ferret was deaf and guess what all FOUR of my ferrets passed the test.
It was only when we notice that he wouldn't respond when you called his
name like the other THREE did, did we have him checked out by our ferret
who was also a ferret owner and he assured us that more than likely he
was deaf due to several things (he's a dark eyed white and the fact that
his sister is deaf as well).  So, in my humble but useless opinion the
articules in Ferrets Ferrets are pretty much useless to me and I personally
get tired of all the ADS to seem me something which are usually again in my
opinion a waste of time and to expense for my budget a waste of trees.  I
would rather hear about peoples own stores so I can learn from them.  Like
here's another example I read a story in MF about a hotel experience a lady
had with her ferret.  During our move from TX to ID I did my best to imploy
her lessions to each hotel only to have my own horror expierce which I plan
on sending into MF now that I know they are in need of articles and will
even take pictures of our four and send them in as well and I am willing to
pay them for them and not ask for the pictures back in return.

I enjoy and would rather read Modern Ferrets than any of the other
magainzes simply cuz they are ferret owners and each owner has their own
funny, sad, informative stories to tell that we all can learn by if we just
read and apply their mistakes or misfortunes to our own ferrets then just
maybe we can afford another mistake or ferret life when it comes down to
it.  Now isn't that more important than rather they are making money or
just selling you a magazine that is full of ads to get you to buy something
rather than learn something?

Joy Jarrett
and "The FUZ Squad" (Sanday, Scooter, Cleo, Ceaser (deaf boy)