From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 22:39:38 -0400
Well hello all of you wonderfull FML ers.  I actually spent an hour or so
having pleasure today.  First, I went to Target to look for a meat grinder.
None there.  But plastic Easter eggs are half off the price.  And there
were gobs of them...Then, I shopped at a Dominex store for the first time
in over a year for a cooked chicken for the ferts.  Then I dropped in at
PETCO to see the cages with the plastic tunnels.  And I found a new
magazine:FUZZY CREATURES It was all about ferrets.  The paper was thick and
glossy, and had all these baby fert pictures.  It is a quarterly.  I get
the feeling they do different animals each quarter.  This time it is the
ferret.  I liked how it was written.  I love the adorable baby pictures on
this glossy thick plastiky paper that really smelled good.  The pictures
look laminated.  Way cool.

Excerpt"In this book the true character of the ferret will be explained, as
will all aspects of its management and breeding.

This will give you the information you will need to determine whether or
not the ferret is a pet suited to your needs.  I do not suggest that this
is the ideal pet for every person, but neither is a dog, a cat, a horse, or
any other animal you care to think of.  Each must be judged on its merits,
and on the amount of care its owner is prepared to devote to it .Each has
its own drawbacks as a pet, and its virtues........ Assess the ferret
onfacts, not on stories handed down from past generations."

Why don't we all buy a copy tomorrow?  That way we can have another
magazine to dissect and discuss and ruminate and fued over.Cute picture
of fert cooking on the back on a miniature stove with a little pot he is
sniffing.[I just love these goofy fert pictures.]We could all discuss the
dangers of ferrets actually cooking!!!  :-) Come on.  There has got to be
something wrong with it!!  Actually, I thought of Ed.  Ed, what do you
think of this magazine as a learning tool?  It has stuff on kids and house
training,and handling I really liked its honesty and thoughtfullness..

Only BIG negative I saw right away was that there was no suggestion of
getting a ferret from a shelter.  That was truly a big mistake.  But we can
all write them and make sure they mention shelters in future magazines.
This one, again, is FUZZY CREATURES quarterly, "Keeping Ferrets" Blue
cover, $6.95, At least look at the way the pictures look laminated and
smell the paper.  Funny how little things can make a day.  Lisette