From:
Matthew Ardill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 10:12:44 -0500
>NO to potential adopters who are as ignorant as was I when I bought my
>first ferret, unless they FIRST agree to read Morton & Morton's book,
>"Ferrets, A Complete Pet Owner's Manual with a special chapter on
>Understanding Ferrets." This is required reading for every member of the
>household into which the adopted ferret will reside.

wow... that's the worst ferret book i ever read!  reccommends keeping them
outside in a rabbit hutch type cage with a wired section in the floor for
them to poop through.  says you need wire floors to keep the cage clean....

when i was working in the industry i bought a copy and still have it, but
after reading the other ferret books availabe never reccommended it.

normally i don't read ed's posts, but i spotted this in another persons
reply and i just couldnt leave it...

morton& morton look at ferrrets almost strictly from a pet farm point of
view, and have *very* little experience with them as indoor pets as most
people keep them.  after all, they ran path valley farms, and their first
purchase (with no ferret knowledge or experience) was a group of 10
breeding ferrets to produce kits for sale.

that's a very odd choice if you want to encourage responsible ownership!

siani