From:
James Scott Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:28:35 EST
One of my friends ferrets (Charly) has recently been diagnosed with some
type of adrenal problem.  I haven't had a chance to get any more details
from her about the problem.  All I know is Charly is 3-4 years old and was
healthy until recently when she began losing hair and weight (sorry I don't
have more specific details - I rarely get to talk to my friend).  Her vet
(who diagnosed the problem) suggested surgery but doesn't operate on
ferrets herself.  So does anyone have any suggestions for a good vet who
does adrenal surgeries in or near Lexington, KY or Knoxville, TN?

Also, her vet didn't know of any medications that would help Charly.  Are
there any medications used to treat adrenal problems and what specifically
do they treat.  I'll try to find out what the specific diagnosis & symptoms
were later this evening.

Please email me at [log in to unmask] if you have any suggestions.  Thanks!