Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:46:22 -0500
Dooks All -

This is my first post, though I've talked to some of you via e-mail.

I was innocently buying ferty food when I rescued two of the sweetest baby
ratlings from becoming feeders yesterday (I'm a sucker, I guess).  I don't
plan to introduce them to my fert until they are bigger (if at all/ever),
although they are temporarily in the same room in eyeshot of each other and
there seems to be no antagonism when The 'Squack (the fuzzy) is running
about.  A girl I was chatting with in the store has 2 ferts and many pet
rats and says one fert hates them, one naps with them.  Since I have read
past posts about feeding ferts live mice (GRRR!!/YUKK!!) this seems like a
borderline issue and I wonder if anyone has had experience with this kind
of cohabitation.

Blessings,
Corbie ("I love the smell of Bitter Apple in the morning"),
PipSquack Tatu ("Yeah, I gots a foot fetish, wanna make sumptin outta
it?"), and
Arlecchino Rex and and "As Yet Unnamed", the ratties