Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:46:07 -0500
I know that this heaven /rainbow bridge controversy has probably gone on
longer than BIG would like, but since I have NEVER sent a post to the FML I
would like to add my two cents.I think the only reason that the Christian
issue has been brought up, is because many people are christians ,and look
for answers to life's great questions in the Bible.I don't believe it was
meant as a slam to anybody of differing religious beliefs.I am a christian &
I have struggled with this question for years, hoping to find consolation
and reassurance in God's word that animals do have a reward in heaven.There
are no clear answers but some scriptures do seem to hint that God loves all
of His creation and that they will ALL sing His praises in Heaven.For those
who want to know specifically the clearest answers are found in Ecc.
3:18-22 KJV in which animals are spoken of as having a spirit and Romans
8:19-23KJV.Most importantly as it was brought up in previous posts,that in
loving animals we all want to know that our beloved friends are at peace
and happy.Whatever it takes for us to do this,in the end we will hopefully
find the comfort and reassurance necessary, which will help ease our grief
in times of loss.

Kathy