From:
"Charleen H. Schuster" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:41:40 EST
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to post about the Innova, I know alot of people use Innova for
their ferrets.  I won a years supply of Innova for my cats and ferrets.
All my animals, cats, dogs, ferrets eat Innova!  Of course there is a dog
Innova and a Cat Innova.

From the beginning I have always mixed my ferrets food.  I mix Totally
Ferret, Shepard and Greene, Innova and Eukanuba Kitten all together, so
they eat what they want.  All four of these are good foods, If you look at
the ingredients I would say that Eukanuba Kitten has the most amount of
meat Protein, The first 3 ingredients are Chicken.  Innova uses Turkey,
which seems like that would be fine to me.  I try to keep all food as air
tight as I can.  So far I have had no problems with any of this food.  My
ferrets fur look great, they all seem very health.  Although I do wish I
would have from the beginning got them use to soft food also.  Because
no one will eat soft food no matter how hard I try!  I even got the best
rabbit can food I could get and no one would touch it.  I have tried all
kinds of Chicken can food, baby food, cat food, and no one will touch it.
I have not tried any mice yet.  Don't know of any can mice food.  But
knowing my 11 I doubt they would touch it!  I have one ferret right now
that has loose bowels, I tried to get him to take Pepto Bismo yesterday,
had to do alot of forcing.  When he got back in the cage, he was so mad,
the only way he could get back at me was take all the litter out of his
litter boxes!  Boy, was he mad at me.  Well, sometimes you have to do what
you have to do.  Hope this helps him.  Still can't figure out why he has
this problem, Took him to vet and had it looked at and she still can't
figure out whats causing it, since there's no sign of any kind of bacteria,
virus, bugs in it.  He is drinking a lots of water, and I am giving him
electrolytes in his water.

Also wanted to mention that the WSFA meeting is March 21st in Seattle,
if anyone is interested in coming, please contact me and I will get the
address and map to you.  The club is coming along great, we have lots of
plans for the future.  Of course need more helpers to make this club a Top
Ferret Club, so if anyone has time, could use all the help we can get.

and the 11 tails!