From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:23:37 -0500
I am almost ready to send the Shelter Update to BIG... just waiting for a
few shelters to answer a few questions.  Please save it when you receive
it, in case you will want the information in the next 3 or 4 months.

Thank you to everyone who has used the update as a source for supporting
the shelters!  For at least the first year, there did not seem to be much
of a response, but now I hear indirectly about shelters receiving dollars
in the mail, or receiving items off their wish list from The Ferret Store,
Jeffers, etc.  This is thrilling to me.  It's exactly what I hoped for when
I started the list: people becoming directly involved with the shelters.
Of course, it has also been rewarding to help the neediest shelters when we
have enough funds donated to do so.  But there's something special about
hearing that you are taking the information and using it yourselves to help
the shelter ferrets and to relieve the burdens of the loving and dedicated
shelter operators.

Bless you all!