Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:54:48 -0500
Lynn wrote:
>Subject: Humane Society & Marshall Ferrets

>... She said that they had called the Humane Society in Tampa FL to see if
>they would take it & she was told that yes they would take it but it would
>be put right to sleep because they don't have an adoption program for
>ferrets!!!  Does anyone know if this is true?

HI there-

I am way up north in New Hampshire-- but I can tell you she most likely is
telling the truth!  How do I know-- our small ferret sjhelter is part of
the NH humane organization adn out of 13 SPCA and humane shelters only 2
YES TWO ONLY - are accepting in adn placing ferrets with any frequency.
Sad day--- INDEED!!!  SO for all you folks that moake donations to your
local humane societies-- call first adn ask if the take in ferret-- if
not put time into writing a letter and specifying until they accept the
domestic ferret as a companion animal and RECOGNIZE the need for shelter
accommodations -- your donations are cancelled---

THIS IS SADLY the ONLY WAY to get more shelter for our ferret friends.

ALicia